iPhone 2.0 and Applications (again)
After using several applications for a while and spending more time in the AppStore, I figured I'd do another quick blog post covering the apps I've tried...
- AIM - I'm not using this as much as I expected but it definitely is useful occasionally (when I'm away from my laptop and need to ask someone a quick question).
- WeatherBug - This has dropped down my list and I may delete it fairly soon.
- AirMe - As suspected, I am taking more photos and using Flickr because of this app!
- Evernote - This has become core to the way I organize my life and work, as has the desktop version!
- People - An occasional app but still useful.
- Dobot Todos - Unused after a week so it was deleted.
And here are the new apps I've added recently:
- Units - A useful little conversion calculator. It was 99c - cheap enough that it doesn't much matter if I end up not using it.
- Urbanspoon - A free, fun restaurant picker. It uses the accelerometer built into the iPhone to operate a "slot machine" style UI which is a great novelty but the restaurant reviews are actually useful. Recommended if you travel and you like food!
- Shazam - Recommended by lots of people and it will hopefully solve a recurring problem I have of hearing music I like and not knowing what it is! More on this when I've actually used it a few times.
- Sudoku Unlimited - $2.99 - The first app I actually paid for. I'm a sucker for Sudoku and this is a really nice looking app that plays pretty well. Great for keeping boredom at bay in the unlikely event I actually get some free time...