I just declared the official "2.0 Alpha" of Framework One. Although there are a number of minor issues still open against this release, all the major new features are in place and ready for extensive public testing.
The main new features (in no particular order) are:
- custom URL routes with parameter substitution are supported, along with HTTP method restrictions and wildcard routes
- setLayout() to override layout conventions
- view() can be called from a controller, as a way to render email or documents for PDF delivery etc
- controller/service execution can be short-circuited, providing more control over the request lifecycle
- populate() and autowiring now support property-based injection as well as setter-based injection
- additional lifecycle hooks for global before() / after() and pre-rendering setupView()
- complete rewrite of the code to use cfscript - for Adobe ColdFusion 9.0.1 and Railo 3.2.2 or later
In particular, note the last bullet - if you are on earlier CFML engines, you will have to stick with FW/1 1.2 (there will be a 1.3 maintenance release). The mix of tags and script was driving me crazy and I didn't want to add all this new functionality with the code as it is!