Entries Tagged as swiz
May 11, 2009 · 2 Comments
In the absence of a printable schedule - sorry, Joe Rinehart says it's a problem with the Media3 hosting and he's been trying to get them to fix it for months! - here is my schedule for cf.Objective() 2009:
January 09, 2009 · No Comments
Brian Kotek has begun a series on using Swiz, the Dependency Injection framework created by Chris Scott of ColdSpring fame. Brian's first post just shows the very basic setup (how to specify the classes that Swiz manages and how to load them into your application). If you're using ColdSpring today in CFML and you're interested in learning Flex, Brian's series might be very useful to you. If you're tired of the boilerplate code that Cairngorm makes you write (or generate), Swiz might be just what you're looking for and Brian's series will be good reading for you too. We use Swiz at Broadchoice, in our Workspace for Salesforce desktop application (built with Flex and AIR) and we all love working with the framework!
December 23, 2008 · 2 Comments
Liz has announced the first round of topics for CFUNITED 2009. It's an interesting mix of speakers - some old, some new - and a broad spectrum of subject matter. After CFUNITED 2008, Liz has promised lots of changes and improvements and we already know that the venue is something special and an all-in-one location (addressing a bit complaint about the last few years' conferences). One of the new changes for 2009 is that a quarter of the content will be Flex/AIR related, acknowledging the growth and increasing relevance of these technologies to ColdFusion developers at large. Some of the highlights (from my point of view) of the topics announced so far:
- Flex development with the Swiz framework - Chris Scott
- Railo Open Source - Gert Franz
- Groovy for ColdFusion Developers - Joe Rinehart
- iPhone Apps + Adobe ColdFusion - Josh Adams
- ColdFusion, Model-Glue, Hibernate, Spring, and Groovy - Ray Camden
- AIR: Building Desktop Applications with Flex 3 - Rob Rusher
- Hack Proofing ColdFusion - Shlomy Gantz
April 10, 2008 · 2 Comments
This year's cf.Objective() has a lot of firsts. If you're not attending, you're going to miss out on a lot of world premier events! We've worked hard to make cf.Objective() 2008 a "must see" event. We have a number of firsts this year that we're very proud of:
- The public release of Open BlueDragon on May 3rd!
- The public unveiling - and Alpha - of Model-Glue 3: Gesture!
- The public unveiling of Mate, the new Flex framework from AsFusion!
- The first conference to feature the latest rising star in the frameworks world: ColdBox - with an introductory session and a two hour, hands-on advanced workshop!
- The first public information about Swiz, the new Flex framework from Chris Scott of ColdSpring fame!
- Speaking of Chris Scott, we're the first conference to feature a two-hour, hands-on workshop for ColdSpring!
- We're also the first conference to feature a two-hour, hands-on workshop on agile development for ColdFusion developers by the leading light in automated process & testing, John Paul Ashenfelter!
March 30, 2008 · 2 Comments
I was chatting with a few folks today and it seems the Flex frameworks space is heating up these days. Cairngorm is, of course, the incumbent, but there are a number of other frameworks out there and more on the way. cf.Objective() already has three sessions on Flex frameworks: